Thursday, October 7, 2010

How Can We Convince Our Children to Exercise?

I finally arrived at the Council For Exceptional Children Convention in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., after a three hour trip from Westchester County, N.Y. I must say that the foliage is out up here, in all of its beauty. I did not see my favorite shades of red, but I did see some beautiful yellows and oranges.

As I was driving, I thought about that even though we know that exercise impacts our children with ADHD in a positive way by diminishing their hyperactivity, their impulsity as well as the distractibility that characterizes our children, how can we get them to actually exercise? Exercise seems to be a word about which many of our children do not want to hear.

Perhaps if you link up exercise with the incredibly natural beauty of wherever you live, it might be easier to convince our children to exercise. Perhaps, make the experience more fun by designing a scavenger hunt, for example. However, find out the learning style that is the strongest for your child so that he is more likely to listen to and focus on your instructions, as well as what items he has to find. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment