Wednesday, March 9, 2011

In Honor of a Wondeful Man

To All My Followers:



I am sorry that I have not written entries for my blog over the past few days, but my father-in-law died early last Saturday morning and with the funeral and the extended events, I sadly have been more than a bit preoccupied.


My father died when I was 17 years old, and so my father-in-law, Murray Rapoport, became an extremely supportive father-figure for me. When my father-in-law, “Dad,” saw my blog he looked at it in disbelief, even though at almost 97 years old, up until the past few months, he was computer literate. He just could not fathom how the whole blog enterprise worked. He was truly amazed.


He did, however, enjoy reading the information that my son, Jake always made easy to find in bookmarks at the top of the page on his computer. Jake taught him how to click the bookmarks and gave him a personal tour of how to navigate those bookmarks. He so loved “visiting” the Metropolitan Museum of Art.


He also was an avid reader of my son Ian’s coverage of the New England Patriots on his blog, the Rap Sheet in the Boston Herald, as well as his game stories. He also loved reading my other son Jake’s synopses of baseball, football and basketball that he wrote for a sports newsletter. When I visited him, I showed him the vacation pictures that my daughter Mimi had sent him, and I remember vividly him telling me that seeing those pictures made him feel as if he was on vacation with her. He especially loved, however, seeing the pictures of Mimi and her students that she emailed him.


So, in honor of “Dad,” I will return to writing my blog tomorrow, with information that I hope you will all continue to be interested to read.









No comments:

Post a Comment