Thursday, April 28, 2011

Parents' and Teachers' Questions from my Presentation Last Night

I would like to thank all of the wonderful parents and teachers who came to hear my presentation last night on ADHD and social skills at the Furnace Woods Elementary School in Cortland Manor. Everyone was very engaged and asked complex and thoughtful questions.


These were some of the interesting questions that were asked. I will answer these questions in my next entry:

"Do all children with ADHD have social skills problems?

"My child takes Concerta and his behavior is perfect when it is working. When it starts to wear off, quite honestly, he is very annoying. What can I do when it wears off?”

“My child is five years old. When he has to complete tasks, he is very sluggish and oftentimes does not complete them. Does he have ADHD?”

“My child is on the computer for an hour a day. Is that too much?”

“When my child has to do school work when it is not interesting to him, he is very unfocused and does not complete it. How can I help him to complete his work when it is not interesting to him?”

“My child has one week to do a project. How can I help him to complete it on time? He feels that it is overwhelming for him.”

“My child is very distractible at home but his teacher tells me that he is not that way in school. Does that mean that he does not have ADHD?”

No comments:

Post a Comment